Monday, May 6, 2013

Cool Find! Drinking is a Ball with These Ice Molds


Hey, look what I found at the new Sur la Table store that opened up at my local mall - these groovy spherical ice molds that make gigantic round ice cubes. How fun are these for summer cocktails?

You simply fill the plastic molds up with water and add any garnish you think would be tasty or pretty. I tried lime and blueberries, because that's what I had in the house. But think mint for mojitos, olives for martinis, or lemons for lemonade.

Then you gently place the rubber top on the mold and place it in your freezer for  four hours. The water level looks too low at first, but never fear - water expands as it freezes. You end up with a big round festive ball of ice that will keep your drink cool on the  most sizzling of days and looks lovely too.

At just $10.95 for a set of two, I think these Tovolo sphere ice molds are super fun and kind of crafty as well. Bring on summer and bring on the cocktails!


I was not compensated in any way to endorse this product. I just stumbled upon it and had to share! If you invite me over, you may get these as your hostess gift.


No comments: