I'm motivated. I blog, I write about being fabulous - I want to invent a new word for the dictionary too. So here are few new terms I've come up with to describe cool chicks over the age of 40. New Oxford American Dictionary, are you listening?
- Fortabulista - A fabulous woman over forty who conducts her life with zest and creativity. Can also be an adjective - "Wow, you are so fortabulistic!"
- Fortgetful - When a woman can't be bothered to recall her actual age after turning ... um, I forget.
- Kenopause - The phase of life when a woman no longer requires a perfect man to live happily ever after.
- Grandivma - a glamorous, rockin' grandmother.
- Hotorty - A hot woman over 40. Hotifty for those over 50. "Did you see how that hotorty rocked her mini-skirt?" I dunno. Maybe this one is ruined by the "ho" prefix.
Okay, not all of these terms may make it into the American vocabulary, much less the dictionary. But our age and stage do require some new definition, don't you think? And "cougar" is so 2007.
I'll keep working on it, but in the meantime, go out there and have a fortabulous day!