Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Do It

When you work from home you've got to be self motivated. The picture at left is of my office door. I've been trying to transform this room into a more productive, inspiring space - an incubator of creativity and productivity and organization. Thus the new vibrant green paint job and the big message to myself on the wall.

I'm a person with a lot of ideas and plans and lists, but I often have trouble getting started. I can prepare to begin something for hours.

 But, as Amelia Earhart so wisely said,
"The most effect way to do it, is to do it." 

Starting a new project or effort is like plunging into a cold pool - you know it's gonna hurt at first. But to get into the swim of things, you've got to get wet. So enough of this dipping my toe in the water.  It's time to BEGIN my day.

No comments: