Sunday, August 16, 2009

Would you accept a jello shot from these women? I did and liked it.

There comes a time when you just gotta cut loose and have some uninhibited, silly fun. If you don't want to attract a lot of attention while doing it, head to a Jimmy Buffett concert, like I did last night. Buffett fans (better known as Parrotheads) know how to have a good time, and most of the fun happens in the parking lot where the tailgate partying is over the top.

Whatever naughtiness you can think up will be completely overshadowed by the crazy costumes, drinking games and limbo contests going on. It's impossible not to be part of the action because everyone is so friendly. My two new friends here, who's names I never learned but who graciously agreed to appear on my blog, offered me and my girlfriends jello shots topped with whipped cream and festooned us with mardi gras beads. Wasn't that sweet?

Much sweeter than the downstate firemen who were only letting women who did beer bongs out of a plastic pink flamingo go up on top of their fire truck. That's insulting. There sure was a good view of the parking lot from up there though.

I'm not a huge fan of Buffett's music, and I can't see myself wearing a coconut bra or a big shark fin on my head. But the laid-back, rowdy carnival atmosphere of the parking lot party was one big spiked watermelon slice of summer fun.

No comments: