Friday, February 3, 2012

3 Reasons I'm Excited for Superbowl Sunday

I'm not a big football fan, but I'm looking forward to the Superbowl as much as anybody, and here's why.

Yum, Velveeta & Ro-tel Dip!
Image via Ro-tel
1.  Ro-tel Queso Dip
Ordinarily, I do not eat Velveeta cheese. Any dairy product that can sit on a supermarket shelf for six months can't be good for you. But on Superbowl Sunday, nothing is yummier than a cut up brick of Velveeta mixed with a can of Rotel and melted in the microwave to form a warm, spicy bowl of luscious goop. It's a perfect dip for Fritos or Tostitos or spooned directly into the mouth. I could roll in it like a dog.


2. Tom Brady is hot!
I'm sorry, Eli Manning, I'm sure you have a much better personality, but Patriots QB Tom Brady possesses a superhuman gorgeousness that can't be denied. And he's 34, old enough to be within my Cougar range without getting icky, so I can crush on him guilt-free (see calculation below.)
Tom Brady, image via Wikipedia

Cougar rule of thumb: divide your age in half and add seven years. 
For me, that's: 48/2 = 24, + 7= 31. 

According to this rule, any man over 31 is fair game. I'm not looking for a relationship, just a way too amuse myself over the course of a long game when I don't care who wins. Hey wait, the Giants Manning is exactly 31; I can check him out too. Score!


3. Madonna's Half Time Show
My girl Madonna
 image via Wikipedia
Of course I'm excited Madonna is performing at half time - she and I have so much in common. We're both women over 40, we both grew up in Michigan, we both went to the University of Michigan. I do community theatre, she's one of the most influential pop stars on the planet. We're practically twins. I can't wait to see her rock out in front of one of the biggest TV audiences in the world. Whether you love her or hate her, Madonna is a great example of how women can be fierce and fascinating at any age.

Here's what's rumored to be her set list:  Gimmie All Your Luvin (new), Ray of Light, Vogue, Music and Holiday.


What are you looking forward to this Sunday? Please share here!

No comments: